My twin brother Jerry and I grew up in post World War II Madison. In that era before the invention of TV’s and computers, we explored and played “outside”. We invented games. We were fit because we were always active. In the summer we would ride our bikes to the lakes to swim. In the winters we would skate at the ice rinks and romp in the snow. We were naturally fit.
I was a girl who loved “gym” periods in school. It was pre Title IX which equalized athletic opportunities for the female sex. In my high school the boys enjoyed athletics. The girls could be cheerleaders or “pep rooters”, I concentrated on studying. I loved school and college. I stayed fit because I was young.
My major adult career was as a registered nurse. Nursing can be physically demanding and after years of “wear” my back was weak!
Upon retirement I returned to Madison in 1995. A months’ free membership for Capital Fitness was given to us at the closing for our downtown condominium. We went for an introduction. My husband Harry and I both decided to work with a personal trainer. We considered the cost as a part of our health care budget. Our goal was to pursue fitness with safety.
We never reconsidered as we pursued our goals. We work with Brian Fritz who designs training sessions to fit our individual needs. Direction and feedback come with the package. Brian in his quiet, competent manner communicates that he cares. In any training session he actively guides while encouraging and gently corrects. We achieve more than we would if we were on our own.
I thrive in the ambience of Capital Fitness, I love to interact with the staff who have come to seem like a second family. It is a home away from home.
I am older, but I am fitter. I feel great. My work at Capital Fitness has given me the confidence in my goal to grow older with an increased sense of well-being.
- Susie Early
- OCTOBER MEMBER OF THE MONTH – Jeramie Leonard
- Member of the Month – Susie Early
- What is RTS
- Midsummer Night’s Eve – Party on the rooftop at Capital Fitness!
- June member of month – David Ballman
- Capital Fitness Presents 14 Spectacular Offers in 14 Days!
- CF Roof Top Cocktail Party – June 16th, 6:30p
- Signup for Internet Only Offers
- Capital Fitness TV Commercial
- April – Trainers Corner
- April: Cut the Salt, Help Your Heart
- Zumba on Saturday Mornings – 11:15am
- CF Member Highlight!
- Health & Wellness Team Members
- Functional Fitness
- Trainers Corner
- The Trainers Corner – Brian Fritz
- Elevation Salon & Spa
- Nutrition: February – National Heart Month
- How to choose a trainer that’s right for you